DC-3 Legends of Flight
The DC-3 was always the aircraft that manufacturers wanted to replace with something better and more modern but the DC-3 performed so well that a viable replacement wasn't easy to produce - hence the saying, “The only aircraft to replace a DC-3 is another DC-3.”
This fantastic package features the Douglas DC-3 in seven classic airline liveries, as well as two USAAF C-47 transports and an RAF Dakota. Also included are the AC-47 gunship, which saw service in the Vietnam war, and a fully flyable Waco CG-4A glider!
The aircraft exteriors and virtual cockpits are all modelled to the highest level of detail, and civilian passenger cabins and military cargo holds are modelled with appropriate animations - suitably dressed stewardesses and crew vehicles for the airliners, and cargo and troops in the military transports.
Fly the many variants of a true Legend of Flight!
FEATURES OVERVIEW :
· Fully detailed Pratt & Whitney and Wright Cyclone radial engines with detailed ignition systems, pushrods etc.
· Animations include doors, access panels, correct cowl flap operation (rubber spacers between vanes) and many more
· Reflective, bump and specular effects for realistic metal, fabric and riveted surfaces
· High quality sound set
· Superb detail throughout - undercarriage detail, 'block' tread on tyres, mini-guns in the AC-47 gunships
· Custom flight dynamics
· Comprehensive manual
· Layered paint kit for the DC-3 and C-47
· Special effects including engine start-up smoke and exhaust flames
· Checklists and Reference files
The DC-3 Virtual Cockpits come with fully detailed interior cabins, featuring a hostess figure is in the doorway of the exterior model and a passenger in the interior. A boarding ladder is provided for the converted C-47 versions with the military-type doors, and the other DC-3s have drop-down doors with integral steps and animated hand-holds.
Models feature the correct passenger/cargo door variations that featured on the aircraft in different airlines.