REX Essential is a complete photo-realistic, hi-definition environmental weather and texture package with flight planning capabilities for Microsoft`s Flight Simulator X and Lockheed Martin`s PREPAR3D. Includes a robust selection of beautiful user-selectable or automatically-selectable sky, cloud themes and other environment textures, real-world and custom weather generators, real-time weather reporting & updating.
REX Game Studios is committed to maximizing the weather, planning and flight realism experienced by their flight simulator customers. With over four years of research and development, the REX line of products have become the benchmark utility for the discerned flight simulator pilot, offering a wealth of features and advances in technology.
REX Game Studios has partnered with FlightAware, the leading aviation software and data services company to expand upon real-world flight planning within REX Essential. REX also allows you to control environment, water and airport textures, as well as lighting effects that are so critical to the enjoyment and immersion within the flight simulator experience. All of these features may be fully manipulated to your individual tastes.
- Newly-engineered, industrial strength weather engine with integrated real-world winds and temperatures aloft
- Random weather generator
- Weather Cubed Technology with server-side functionality, takes the processing duties off of the host computer for smoother frame rates within flight simulator environment
- Built-In FlightAware flight planning within the new REX Flight Center. Ability to search for real-world, real-time IFR flights scheduled at a single airport or between routes between two airports. You are provided details about the flight and then able to import the flight plan into FSX or P3D via REX Essential
- REX Edge Technology allows community integration such as sharing texture and flight plans with other REX users around the world. All REX users are now connected in various ways to each other, thus allowing them to share their creations with other REX users.
- Accelerated texture installation process. Added ability to reduce install time with a click of a button.
- New Environment Sounds! REX Essential now includes true environment and weather-related audio.
- Hi-definition, ultra-realistic 3D clouds and realistic rendering of cirrus clouds as seen in the real world
- Sky color environments, including smoothing horizon transition & visibility smoothing for dawn, day, dusk & night textures
- Convincingly real water environments with tropical reef simulation (end user color controllable, including tropical with reef simulations, inland and ocean, wave turbulence/frequency, environment variants & coloring. Also new realistic type of wave and reflection included in many variations for shader 1x and shader 2x INCLUDING DX10 Compatible)
- Airport environments (photo-real asphalt & concrete runway textures, new runway and ground bump-mapping, asphalt taxiways, concrete taxiways, realistic taxiway markings, airport signage, airport parking and general photorealistic airport ground scenery)
- Multiple variations of sun, lens flare & lightning bolt algorithms, which creates a visually stunning array of lightning situations
- Fully integrated to select sky, cloud, water, airport, and effect themes based upon weather situation, season, and other synoptic, mesoscale, and micro weather conditions
- Enhanced Cloud Simulation to give a more 3D volumetric feel to cloud structures and the atmosphere
- Lighting environments (runway lighting including simulated ground glow, stunningly realistic aircraft spotlights with variations for small to large aircraft, aircraft strobe lights, variations for add-on aircraft as well)
- 3D cloud & water resolution options for performance preference
- Flexibility to work in tandem with other vendor weather & texture packages
- User-friendly intuitive and visually pleasing interface